Evaluate the Top Mutual Funds
- Go to MarketWatch.com
1. Put the mouse in the SEARCH bar and click it. The screen below should show up.
- Enter PRGTX where it says “Enter a symbol or keyword” but DO NOT hit Enter!
2. Now click on the PRGTX ticker symbol.
The screen on the next page will appear.
3. To evaluate the five ticker symbols found earlier...
Select/click the Fund Comparison box as shown on the right:
- The screen below on the bottom will appear.
4. The Returns for these funds will then pop up:
- Which is the best fund and why?
5. Now review the Expenses for these funds
- Select the Fees radial button and select Show Funds.
6. Fee results:
- Are any of these funds a “Load” fund?
- Any fund with a Total Expense Ratio greater than 1%?
- Look at “Min Initial Investment”
7. Select on "Risk" and click "Show Funds"
So the Alpha values are below 1.00, What does that mean?
Beta values are Close to 1.00, What does that mean?
Standard Deviation (Std Dev) are in the 3.50 to 5.00 range, What does that mean?
8. Select the "holdings" fund and and press "Show Funds"
Holdings for each fund will appear on the next screen.
On this page you can see some of the holdings for the ticker symbol FSCSX. Other holdings can be seen by scrolling down the page until the next ticker symbol appears.
The page also shows the Top Sectors in this fund along with the percentage this company comprises in the fund.